Empowered - Diabetes Prevention Program
Ninety-six million American adults – more than 1 in 3 – have prediabetes. Research shows a structured lifestyle program can cut the risk of type 2 diabetes in HALF.
What is prediabetes? With prediabetes, your blood sugar levels are higher than normal but not high enough to be diagnosed as type 2 diabetes. Prediabetes increases the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
We can help you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes. You don’t have to do it alone. Let’s work together to create a plan that works for you.
Five steps to improving your health after a prediabetes diagnosis:
- Attend a one-hour prediabetes overview taught by a registered dietitian to learn the steps you can take to reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Registration is required.
- Talk with a registered dietitian to take the guesswork out of your diet based on your medical needs and lifestyle preferences. Options include a one-time consultation or weekly support by phone to assist you in your weight loss journey.
- Work with a certified personal trainer to help you meet your fitness goals.
- Talk with a registered nurse specializing in diabetes care to understand your lab work and medications.
- Receive ongoing support to make meaningful lifestyle changes and improve your overall health.
To join the prediabetes program, please call Health Education and Wellness at 702-877-5356, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.