Your Opinion Matters
Each spring a survey, called the Consumer Assessment of Health Providers and Systems (CAHPS), is mailed to a random group of members from SPH Analytics, a contracted vendor of HPN Medicaid. This survey is important to help us understand if your needs are being met by your providers and the health plan.
The questions include topics related to the following:
- How easy is it to schedule an appointment?
- Has your personal doctor followed up promptly on test results?
- Does your personal doctor explain your health details in a way that is easy to understand?
- Was the staff from your provider’s office as helpful as you thought they should be?
Your experience with your provider and your health plan matters. If you receive a survey in the mail between February and May, please complete and return it in the prepaid envelope provided. Your responses will help us better serve you and other members.
Whether you’re having a routine annual checkup or a preventive or sick appointment, here are 5 tips to help you make the most of your next visit with your PCP.
- Find a provider who’s right for you. If you need help, call Member Services at 1-800-962-8074, TTY 711.
- Prepare for your visit. Bring a list of any medications you take, including the amounts, any health records you have, and a list of questions you want answered.
- Share the information you brought with you about your health history and medications.
- Get answers and make plans. Ask questions, talk about your health issues, discuss your care options.
- Follow your provider’s advice. Make an appointment for any lab work, tests, or follow-up appointments.
If you have any questions, please call Member Services toll-free at 1-800-962-8074, TTY 711, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.