Disease Management program for Medicaid
and Nevada Check Up members
This program includes ongoing support and motivation by a registered nurse for diabetes or asthma. It may help you understand asthma and diabetes self-management to improve your overall health and quality of life.
As a member of the Disease Management Program, you receive information about key health care topics to help you manage your health. Some examples of the information you will receive are:
- Brochures about how to take your medicine, tips for exercising, keeping a healthy diet, and how to quit smoking
- Logs to record key health care information like your weight and blood sugar levels, if you have diabetes or a peak flow action plan if you have asthma
- Invitations to join health education and wellness classes
Your own personal coach:
Registered nurse health coaches provide you with ongoing support and motivation by phone to assist you with taking charge of your health.
- Teach you about how to manage your health and talk with you about your medicine
- Answer your health questions
- Remind you to get the tests and exams you need
The Disease Management Program is at no cost to all eligible Health Plan of Nevada Medicaid members. This program provides support and does not replace the treatment plans put into place by your provider. Always talk to your provider about any important health issues.
To join, please call 702-242-7346 or toll free at 1-877-692-2059, TTY 711, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time.